ENERGY STAR®It’s the little label with the big message: Better is Better.
Manor Homes is proud to offer new homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR® label. The ENERGY STAR label means that your new home has been designed and built to standards well above other homes in the market today. It means better quality, better comfort, and better durability. It also means that your new home is a better value for today, and a better investment for tomorrow. The ENERGY STAR label gives you the peace of mind that your home has undergone a better process for inspections, testing, and verification to ensure that it meets strict requirements set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). ENERGY STAR certified homes are better because they are designed and built to provide homeowners:
Peace of Mind. The result of a home that’s built better.
With the ENERGY STAR label on your new home, you can be confident that it will deliver. When ENERGY STAR requirements are applied to new home construction, an integrated approach to design combined with tried-and-true best building practices adds up to a durable, comfortable home with reduced utility and maintenance costs. Our ENERGY STAR certified homes have undergone more inspections and testing than typical homes to ensure that your new home was built to higher standards.
Enduring Quality. Better systems make all the difference.
Purchasing a new home is a big investment, so it’s important to be sure that it’s built to last. We’ve designed all of our new ENERGY STAR certified homes to include value-adding energy efficiency features, and a combination of materials and equipment that will deliver better performance.
ENERGY STAR certified new homes include features like:
A complete Thermal Enclosure System that includes comprehensive air sealing, quality-installed insulation, and high-performance windows, to deliver improved comfort and lower utility bills.
A high-efficiency Heating, Ventilation, and Cooling System that is designed and installed for optimal performance.
A comprehensive Water Management System to protect roofs, walls, and foundations from moisture damage.
Energy-efficient Lighting and Appliances to help keep utility bills low, while providing high-quality performance and longevity.
Wall-to-Wall Comfort. A better way to live.
Ask anyone who lives in an ENERGY STAR certified home to go back to their old home. You’ll likely hear that there’s no way they’ll give up the comfort that came with the ENERGY STAR label on their new home. From the moment you walk in the door of an ENERGY STAR certified home, you’ll see, feel, and hear the difference.
Proven Value. A better investment for today and tomorrow.
ENERGY STAR certified new homes offer better energy efficiency and performance compared to other homes, making them a better value for today and a better investment for tomorrow. Homes earning the ENERGY STAR label use 20-30 percent less energy than typical new homes, and even more when compared to most resale homes on the market today.
For more information on our ENERGY STAR certified new homes, contact…Manor Homes at 614-374-0868.
ENERGY STAR qualified homes are independently verified to meet strict guidelines for energy efficiency set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
These homes save money on utility bills, provide a more comfortable living environment with better indoor air quality, and help protect the environment.
Tight Construction and Ducts
Efficient Heating and Cooling Equipment
By being an ENERGY STAR builder Manor Homes provides numerous benefits for new homeowners.
Lower Ownership Costs ENERGY STAR qualified homes use substantially less energy for heating, cooling, and water heating-delivering.
Better Performance Properly installed energy-efficient improvements deliver better protection against cold, heat, drafts, moisture, pollution, and noise.
Smart Investment By choosing a Manor Home, with the ENERGY STAR label, you can be confident that it will have an increasingly valued feature when the time comes to sell.
What are ENERGY STAR Rated New Homes? ENERGY STAR Rated Homes must meet guidelines for energy efficiency set by the U.S. Environmental Agency. ENERGY STAR rated homes are at least 15% more energy efficient than homes built to the 2004 International Residential Code. Manor Homes exceeds the qualification for ENERGY STAR by building homes that are at least 50% more efficient than homes built to the 2004 International Residential Code, and qualifies for the 2005 EPACT Energy Efficient Home Tax Credit.Manor Homes prides itself on having 100% of their homes being ENERGY STAR Rated Homes!
How do Homes Qualify as ENERGY STAR?
ENERGY STAR qualified homes achieve energy savings through established, reliable building technologies. Builders work with Home Energy Raters to select from a number of features when planning and building homes.
Homes that earn the ENERGY STAR are significantly more energy efficient than standard homes. By purchasing an ENERGY STAR qualified home, you can have all the features you desire in your new home, plus lower utility bills - all while helping to prevent greenhouse gas emissions. This is achieved by incorporating a variety of features, including:
1. Effective Insulation Properly installed and inspected insulation in floors, walls, and attics ensures even temperatures throughout the house, while using less energy. The result is lower utility costs and a quieter, more comfortable home. 2. High-Performance Windows Energy-efficient windows employ advanced technologies, such as protective coatings and improved frame assemblies, to help keep heat in during winter and out during summer. These windows also block damaging ultraviolet sunlight that can discolor carpets and furnishings.
3. Tight Construction and Ducts Sealing holes and cracks in the home's "envelope" and in duct systems helps reduce drafts, moisture, dust, pollen, and noise. A tightly sealed home improves comfort and indoor air quality while reducing utility bills.
4. Efficient Heating and Cooling Equipment In addition to using less energy to operate, energy-efficient heating and cooling systems can be quieter, reduce indoor humidity, and improve the overall comfort of the home. Typically, energy-efficient equipment is also more durable and requires less maintenance than standard models.
5. Lighting and Appliances ENERGY STAR qualified homes may also be equipped with ENERGY STAR qualified products -- lighting fixtures, compact fluorescent bulbs, ventilation fans, and appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, and washing machines. These ENERGY STAR qualified products provide additional energy savings to the owner.
6. Independent Testing While it's easy for builders to claim that their homes are energy efficient, ENERGY STAR partners back that up with a third-party inspection to verify the home's energy performance.
ENERGY STAR qualified homes also undergo an additional comprehensive inspection of insulation and air sealing details to ensure that they deliver the full comfort and energy savings they are designed to achieve.